What to Write in a Wedding Card
Weddings are amazing. There’s dancing, and friends, and drinks…oh, and two people who love each other and want the whole world to know it. That’s sort of important.
So celebrate love with the perfect message in a wedding card. Maybe you want to be light and funny, or sentimental and sweet. Maybe you just want the happy couple to know how great they are together. Or maybe, you just want to say congrats in a fresh new way. These ideas will help you out and might even inspire your own ideas for what to write in a wedding card.
WEDDING MESSAGES ABOUT THE COUPLE
- There’s never been a sweeter pair than you two. Congrats!
- Good alone, but better together. You two are the best!
- You two are relationship goals. Congratulations, newlyweds!
- Awesome Him + Awesome Her = Awesome Marriage!
FUNNY MESSAGES FOR A WEDDING CARD
- What’s better than free booze and dancing? You two getting married. Congrats!
- Here’s to only having sex with one person forever! Happy Wedding!
- If he liked it, he should have put a ring on it. Oh wait, he did. Congrats!
- You weirdos were made for each other.
FAMILY MESSAGES FOR A WEDDING CARD
- Welcome to the family! We might be weird, but it’s the good kind. I promise.
- Since you were born, my only wish for you was happiness. And I hope today is the happiest one of all.
- Spoiler alert: I am going to cry. But you probably knew that. Happy Wedding!
- Family is like a cake. The bigger it gets, the more happiness there is to share. Thanks for making ours so much better!
MESSAGES FOR A DAUGHTER IN A WEDDING CARD
- Today, I hope you feel like a princess. Because having you for a daughter makes me feel like a queen.
- You’ll always be my little girl.
- You are everything I could have dreamed in a daughter and so much more.
- Years ago, I had a daughter. Today, I gain a son. And I couldn’t be happier if I tried. Love you both!
MESSAGES FOR A SON IN A WEDDING CARD
- My pride, my joy, my boy. So happy for you today!
- You’re an incredible young man, and I’m so grateful to be your mom/dad.
- Years ago, I had a son. Today, I gain a daughter. And I couldn’t be happier if I tried. Love you both!
- I’m proud of the man you’ve become and the husband you are going to be.
MESSAGE ABOUT LOVE FOR A WEDDING CARD
- Love is love is love is love…
- Two hearts, one love, and a happily ever after!
- You two are the definition of love. Congratulations!
- The love you two share is so beautiful. May it grow more lovely every day of your marriage.
QUOTES FOR A WEDDING CARD
- “The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they're right if you love to be with them all the time.” –Julia Child
- “May this marriage be full of laughter, and every day in paradise.” –Rumi
- “Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them.” –Ogden Nash
- “If music be the food of love, play on.” –Shakespeare
So whether it’s your best friend, your little brother, or your daughter saying “I do,” we hope these messages inspire you to write a little extra in your wedding card. Because weddings are all about love, so share some of yours!
In addition to writing for American Greetings, Alyssa writes short stories and enjoys traveling to distant countries. She lives in Cleveland, Ohio.